Autumn begins this week, and that means that the holidays are right around the corner! Are you ready to welcome visiting friends and family into your home? It might seem like you have a lot to do, but relax; here’s a handy list of things to take care of before your guests start arriving!
FIVE QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR GUESTS:
- Plug it in: Make sure that all of your appliances are in working order. The last thing you need with a house full of guests is a broken dishwasher or washing machine!
- Make space: Clean out the dressers and closets in the guest room(s) to ensure that your friends and family will feel comfortable and at home.
- Baby-proof: If your house isn’t already baby-proofed and if small children will be coming to stay or visit, take a little time to ensure that electrical outlets are safely covered, sharp edges are padded, and that valuable knick-knacks are out of harm’s way.
- Light your fire: Make sure that your fireplace and chimney are clean and in working order. Gathering around the fire with friends and family is a cozy way to spend time reminiscing and chatting.
- Knock knock: Take a walk through your home and inspect all doors and windows. If the doors, hinges or latches are sticky or squeaky, make any necessary repairs before your guests arrive. This will ensure privacy for them AND for you!
We hope this list is helpful for you, and we hope you’ll give us a call if you need any additional information (about your home or about real estate in general)!